Monday, June 15, 2009

Carrot Cake Cookies

The past couple of weeks have been super busy. However, I have not been working at the hospital as usual. It is wedding season and I have been traveling to and from Houston every weekend to go to either a wedding or a bachelorette party. I missed the kitchen and decided to dedicate most of the day to cooking. I started off by trying this Carrot Cake Cookie recipe from a Brand Name Favorites Cookbook that my friend Jill owns.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 stick of butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup grated carrots (about 2)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins

Instructions:
1) Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
2) Melt the butter. Mix the butter, egg, vanilla and brown sugar together.
3) Sift the flour in a second bowl. Add cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to the sifted flour and mix.
4) Slowly add the dry mixture to the liquid mixture while mixing with beaters.
5) Add the carrots, walnuts and raisins last to the mixture and stir in with a spoon.
6) Bake cookies 12-14 mins

Recipe makes 3 dozen.

Overall, these cookies were moist and soft. They did not have the same consistency as a cookie and had a cake like consistency much like their name implies. However, the cookies did not taste like the typical carrot cake. The carrot taste was minimal. I typically like a more carroty taste to my carrot cake and these cookies tasted more doughy. My favorite part of the cookie was the raisins and if you choose to make these cookies the raisins are a must. I give this recipe 3.5 stars out of 5. I enjoyed the cookies but will definitely modify the recipe if I ever made it again in the future. I will possibly add more cinnamon and carrots in the future if I make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment