Thursday, June 3, 2010

Blog 1 Year Anniversary

So it has been just over a year since I started this blog.  I can't believe how quickly time has flown and how much I have learned in the kitchen this past year.  I thought in the spirit of the blog's one year anniversary that a recap is necessary.  My 5 favorite recipes of the year are going to be listed below.  I hope that if you have tried to make any of the recipes this year off this blog too that you can comment on what your favorite recipe was.

My favorite 5 (in order of what I liked best first)

1. Perfect Chocolate Cake (From January 2010)
-- Chocolate cake is near and dear to my heart.  I made this particular chocolate cake for two close friend's birthdays.  I probably could fill my favorite five recipes of the year with chocolate cakes.  So I am only listing one chocolate cake in this post.  This is my favorite chocolate cake that I made this past year.  A close second is the Triple Chocolate Cake from last July.  Thinking back on this cake I remember how moist and chocolately it was.  In addition, the icing was to die for.  If you make anything off this blog, this is the first thing I want you to make.

2. Perfect Party Cake (From March 2010)
-- I picked out this recipe from one of Dorie Greenspan's books and I made it for a wedding shower.  It was one of the more difficult recipes that I tackled this past year.  Ms. Greenspan's icings are hard to master!  This was probably the prettiest cake that I made this year with the raspberry preserve filling and raspberries to decorate it on the top.  In addition, the slight hint of lemon in the cake was my favorite part.  This cake really lives up to its name.


3. Cinnamon-Raisin Bread (From September 2009)
-- I couldn't leave this bread recipe out of my top 5.  It tastes better than the store bought cinnamon raisin bread by far.  What I remember most about this bread was how the cinnamon sugar dripped out of the bread as you cut it.  Mmmm... I need to make this bread again ASAP!

4. Pecan Crusted Chicken (From June 2009)
-- I thought it would be good to include one non dessert in the top 5.  It was hard for me not to list all desserts.  I kind of like desserts if you couldn't tell.  This pecan crusted chicken was awesome.  I loved the mustard sauce that paired with it too.  Make this recipe when you get an opportunity.  It makes you look like you are a better cook than you actually may be.

5. Chocolate Crackles (From February 2010)
-- I have made this recipe twice and each time loved it.  Thank you Martha Stewart for this recipe.  I could eat these chocolate treats all day.  You eat one and the next thing you know is the five next to them have disappeared.  I swear, I didn't eat them!

No comments:

Post a Comment