Saturday, July 25, 2009

Funfetti Cookies

So I am kind of embarrassed about posting these Funfetti Cookies on the blog. I normally like making things from scratch, but I was in a huge hurry with very few ingredients. I found the Funfetti box and I thought about making the whole cake. But alas, I was missing the extra egg. So I turned the box on its side and noticed that it had a cookie recipe on the side. I then remembered one of my friend's use to make cake cookies. This recipe is super easy to make and it took less than 15 minutes to make them. Basically they fit all of the qualifications I needed in a cookie recipe for the night: fast and cheap. Yay!


Ingredients:
1 (18.9 oz) pkg Pillsbury Moist Supreme Funfetti Cake Mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Funfetti Vanilla Frosting

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375 F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until throughly moistened. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to 1/4 inch thickness.
2. Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute and remove from cookie sheets.
3. Spread frosting over cookies. Immediately sprinkle with candy bits from frosting. Let frosting set before storing. Store in tightly covered container.

Makes: 3 dozen cookies

The cookies were a little brown on the bottom and they flattened out quite a bit. I think this has more to do with the pans I own rather than the recipe itself. I have heard from several friends recently that there are certain pans that are ideal to make cookies. Unfortunately, I do not own these pans. I took these cookies to a house warming party that I was invited to. One person described them as "Cupcake like." They taste very good. I would give them 3.5 out of 5 stars. I would make them again simply because of the simplicity of the recipe and the reception. However, I prefer to bake cookies that are more complicated because this equals more fun in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment