Thursday, July 16, 2009

White Chocolate Brownies

Once a month, I go to an meeting for an organization called Dining For Women. I am a member of the Houston chapter. The group essentially eats a potluck style dinner and uses the money that they would have used to go out to eat on a particular Women's cause of the month. For example, this month's cause was to raise money for the organization Love146 (http://www.love146.org) that is involved in preventing sex trade. For this month's meeting, I decided to bring White Chocolate Brownies from the book Perfect Desserts.



Ingredients:
8 oz white chocolate
3 oz or 3/4 cup walnut pieces
4 oz unsalted butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
2/3 cup self-rising flour

Directions:
1) Coarsely chop 6 oz of white chocolate and all of the walnuts. Put the remaining chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of gently simmering water. When melted, stir together, then set aside to cool slightly.

2) Whisk the eggs and sugar together, then beat in the cooled cholate mixture until well mixed. Fold in the flour, chopped chocolate, and the walnuts. Turn the mixture into a lightly greased 7 inch pan and smooth the surface.

3) Transfer the pan to a preheated oven set a 350 F and bake for 30 minutes or until just set. The mixture should still be a little soft in the center. Remove from the oven and let cool n the pan, then cut into squares.

Recipe from: Perfect Desserts

These brownies were really well received and I only had one brownie left to take home! I got compliments from everyone. Overall, I give them 4 out of 5 stars. They were really buttery tasting and moist. I used pecans instead of walnuts this time in the recipe because that is what I had. I don't think this really effected the overall taste of the recipe. If I ever made this recipe again, I think I would try to make a slightly healthier version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment