Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Zucchini Bread

I have some recipes that are becoming staples in my little household of mine. This Zucchini Bread recipe happens to be one of them. I got the recipe my senior year of college from one of my roommate's mom. During Hurricane Rita, her family came to stay with us, and with her family came 2 delicious loaves of this Zucchini bread. From the moment I first ate it, I knew that I had to have this recipe. After much begging, my roomie finally acquired this recipe for me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. : )



Ingredients:

3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups grated, unpeeled zucchini
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cup raisins (optional)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F, grease loaf pan.
2) Combine sugar, oil, and eggs into one bowl.
3) Mix until smooth and add dry material from Step 1.
4) Mix again util smooth, add zucchini, nuts, and raisins. Stir until combine.
5) Pour into 2 loaf pans. Bake 55-60 minutes, remove and cool for 10 minutes.

**I always make this recipe with chocolate chips. My mom prefers this recipe without chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment